Pre-holiday weekend busyness

This weekend I really wanted to finish a skirt using a pretty, summery fabric, but alas, it didn’t happen, for a variety of reasons.  On Saturday, when I was able to focus on that project when the children were occupied with other activities, I started working with one pattern, then realized that I didn’t have the back piece, so I started working on another pattern, and realized that I didn’t have interfacing for the waistband.  By then it was too late to get it, so I thought that maybe I can work with the first pattern if I can either find the missing pattern piece, or find a visual of it online.

After some searching, I had not found the piece, but I did find a series of very helpful videos from Mimi G showing making a skirt with that pattern from start to finish.  Awesome!  I spent the rest of my free time on Saturday watching those videos.

Today after church, the kids and I spent some time cleaning up the family room, and my oldest spent time to organize and clean up the boys’ room.  Then I took 3 of the kids to the pool, where my sister was waiting for them, and the Kindergartner and the baby and I went shopping for the interfacing and a few other things, including lining material, because I decided after watching Mimi’s videos that I should add some to my skirt.

The baby started to fuss as we were checking out, but she quieted on the ride back to the pool, and then started again as we were walking into the pool.  I changed her diaper and took off her one-piece outfit and then tried to nurse her, but she wouldn’t nurse,  For most of an hour she sat contentedly on my lap, in the shade, watching her big siblings and the other people in the pool.  Finally I lay her on a beach towel, and she quietly exploded that and the grass in reach.  I thought about taking her into the water a bit, but there’s no shade over any part of the water, she’s too young to use sunscreen yet, and the sun was too too much for me to risk her getting sunburn.  This was only her first time at the pool; God willing, we’ll have other times.

By the time we got home and got dinner–and the baby had her first taste of rice cereal; she loved it!–and then snack, it was already past bedtime for the kids, so I shooed them to bed so that I could write this.  As I typed this, my second son came back downstairs with the baby.  Maybe now she’s ready to nurse.

More soon, hopefully!


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s